Everyone gets angry from time to time and it is a normal human emotion. However, if anger gets out of control, it may cause potential damages to an individual’s daily activities, important relationships in his/her life and overall well-being. Others around him/her may also be negatively affected. Some questions that you may ask yourself include:
- Do I tend to flare up or lose my cool easily?
- Am I easily irritable at anything?
- Is my anger issue affecting my relationships with the people around me and/or having negative impacts in various areas of my life?
- Do I feel sad and/or guilty after expressing my anger?
- Is it difficult to pacify myself after my anger subsides?
- Do I often have a desire to lash out verbally and/or physically?
If you answered ‘yes’ to most of the questions above, you might wish to talk to our counsellors to understand where your anger stems from and healthier ways to cope with it before it spirals out of control. Handling one’s anger management more effectively will increase your happiness level and overall well-being. It will also benefit the people around you, especially your loved ones, who witness this positive change in your life!
If you would like to seek professional help in managing your anger effectively, you may book an appointment with our professional counsellors through the booking form below or via ‘Book Now’.
Thank you for choosing the Singapore Counselling Centre (SCC). Please refer to the booking form below to book your appointment with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!