Children and Youth Counselling (4-18 Years)
Singapore Counselling Centre offers children and youth counselling services.
Sometimes, we struggle to find the right formula on how to help our children and youths. It can come to the point where we feel that we have tried many approaches but nothing seems to work, and the same problem arises. Sometimes, we may even question ourselves if we are being good parents.
Do not let your frustrations keep you from helping your child or youth. Take a step towards addressing the underlying problems.
Here are some helpful signs your child/youth needs counselling:
- Your child/teen has been behaving differently for the past month or so.
- It is becoming difficult to pacify your child/youth’s emotions.
- You are seeing a continuous decline in their academic performance.
- You have observed changes in the kind of friends your child/youth have.
- The problem with your child/youth has been affecting your marriage.
- Your child’s/youth’s teacher and other adults have been giving more alarming feedback about your child/youth.
- Your child/youth is becoming more distant
- Your child/youth constantly talks about himself or herself negatively
- You feel so helpless when your child/youth talks to you about their issues.
- You feel scared about your child’s future and well being.
To Children and Youths:
As we grow up, we find ourselves facing multiple issues arising from school, friends, family members or ourselves. It is normal to feel a little lost sometimes, but it is important to know that you are not alone in this and that you can actively seek for help to overcome what you are facing. The first step you need to take is to reach out and talk to someone about it, and you should feel proud of yourself for taking the courage to change your situation. A professional counsellor provides a safe and non-judgemental space for you to talk about what you are feeling and develop ways to improve your well-being.
Make an appointment for children and youth counselling with our professional counsellors and make a positive change. Your confidentiality is assured.