With all the demands of life today, we sometimes feel hopeless and we question ourselves and wonder if we are still happy with our lives. Depression is sometimes confused with just feeling down, and it can be identified through assessing if you have the following symptoms over a long period of time:
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Thoughts of suicide, and/or suicide attempts
Having recognized that you may have depression, it is more important to take action and get appropriate treatment for it. Free yourself from this cycle of negative feelings; things can get better.
Make an online request for an appointment with our professional counsellors for ways to deal with depression.
Thank you for choosing the Singapore Counselling Centre (SCC). Please refer to the booking form below to book your appointment with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!