Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension and can arise from events that makes us feel frustrated and nervous. It is our body’s reaction to a challenge posed to us.
Contrary to what some individuals may feel, stress does not come from events that happen. Rather, it comes from how we view the events. Have you noticed that some people seem to be able to handle stress better than others, even though they may all be facing the same situation? This is due to the difference in perspectives that they have towards the external event.
When in moderation, stress can be helpful to us in achieving our daily goals. Here are some useful signs which will determine if you require counselling to deal with your stress and learn to better manage it:
- You have been noticing that you are having sleeping problems such as insomnia, hypersomnia (too much sleeping), or sleepwalking.
- You find that there isn’t enough time to finish everything.
- You feel like it is never ending.
- You find yourself getting into more unhealthy habits such as smoking, drinking and eating too much.
- You start to become more easily irritated.
- Your relationship with your partner or people around you is getting affected.
- You find yourself losing motivation to do anything with your life.
- You start to have a lot of physical complaints such as headaches, stomachaches, and others.
- You feel that nobody understands you.
- You feel unhappy about your situation.
If the signs describe how you feel, it shows that the stress you have been experiencing may be overwhelming and it is important to address it before it becomes more severe.
Take a step of faith towards taking control of your situation. Make an online request for an appointment with our professional counsellors for ways to deal with stress more effectively.