What information do we collect and How we collect information
We collect information such as your name, email and/or contact number when
- you register on our site or fill out a form.
- you fill up and update the Personal Data Privacy Act Consent Form.
- you enquire, apply or enrol for a course or talk.
- you fill up an online form where web technology like cookies may be deployed during web login.
- your information is available publicly such as on social media sites.
What do we use your information for
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We strive to continually to improve our website and offers based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process your enquiry, application or enrolment. Your information helps our customer service to assist you in completing your transaction with us.
- To send periodic emails. Your email address may be used to send you information and updates of services that we believe may be of interest or benefit you.
- To administrate a contest, promotion, survey, or other events.
- To help make our advertisement, both printed and online, more relevant.
How do we protect your information for
Your information, whether public or private, will only be used by SCC and Members of the Precious Life Group. Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the purposes of delivering the purchased service requested by you.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving emails, you may send us an email. We will act on it within the next 5 working days.
We may disclose your information with Members of Precious Life Group, when required by law or to respond to legal process to protect our customers, to protect lives, to maintain the security of the services of our services and to protect the rights and property of SCC.
Collection of NRIC/FIN/ID at Singapore Counselling Centre
From 1 September 2019, organisations are expected to stop collecting, using or disclosing customers’ NRIC and other national identification numbers where it is not required under the law or necessary to establish or verify an individual’s identity to a high degree of fidelity.
The Singapore Counselling Centre (SCC) has consulted the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) about the collection of NRIC/FIN/ID of our clients. PDPC has responded that while SCC does not fall under the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act (PHMCA) and does not fall under the purview of Ministry of Social and Family Development (“MSF”) or the National Council of Social Service (“NCSS”), it has advised SCC to determine if the collection, use or disclosure of NRIC numbers is necessary to accurately identify the individual to a high degree of fidelity, such that the inability/failure to do so could pose a significant safety or security risk, or risk of significant impact or harm to an individual.
In view of how SCC may come across cases where disclosure of information is required by law, SCC has ascertained that it is important for SCC to be able to accurately identify the individual to a high degree of fidelity to ensure that the correct client’s information is handed over to the authorities. As such, SCC will continue to collect the NRIC/FIN/ID of clients.
Kindly note that SCC reserves the right to request for our clients’ NRIC prior to the commencement of his/her counselling session for verification purposes.
In the event the client does not wish to disclose his/her NRIC as part of the registration process, we regret that we will not be able to proceed with the counselling session.
We also wish to assure clients that SCC maintains a high level of confidentiality and will protect all our clients’ information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any question for our Data Protection Officer, you may
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call our Data Protection Officer at 63395411